Sunday, June 7, 2009

Qiu Lian Ban Mian 秋莲版面, T3 Basement 2 Food Court

My favourite Qiu Lian handmade noodles, 秋莲版面..

I tried many handmade noodles from different stalls but still find Qiu Lian Ban Mian is the best and tastier among those which I have tried.

It was dinner time and the queue at the Changi Airport Qiu Lian Ban Mian stall was getting longer. Luckily, I have already bought mine.


This is the standard Qiu Lian Mee Hoon Kueh (面粉果) in soup. It consisted of Mee Hoon Kueh (squared), minced pork, Ikan Bilis (Anchovies), green vegetable, and fried onion slice that added fragrant & flavour to the soup.

Verdict: 8/10


This bowl of Mee Hoon Kueh looks very big, isn’t it? Actually, the portion was just nice for a person’s meal. The portion looked huge could be because of the soup. I supposed more soups are used to cook the mee hoon kueh to prevent the soup becoming too thick and chalky.

The soup was slightly sweet and not salty. I believe not much MSG was added as the latter will make one become thirsty easily and this did not happen to me. The minced pork was pre-marinated before it was added to the soup. It tasted a little salty but I like the taste. I would have given it 9/10 if minced lean pork was used instead of fatty pork.



Address:
Qiu Lian Ban Mian 秋莲版面
Food Court
Changi Airport Terminal 3
Basement Level 2


No comments:

Post a Comment