The four of us went to Dulukala Peranakan Restaurant tonight after reading so many good reviews. We ordered 5 items and 1 dessert.
1. Assam Fishhead - 9/10 - Sour and little sweet. Though it is not spicy enough, I simply love it.
2. Rendang Beef - 8/10 - Meat is tender and overall flavour is very good.
3. Ayam Buah Keluak - 7/10 - Sour but not spicy and the meat is not tender enough.
4. Omelette Chichalok - 8/10 - Taste like Furong omelette but is definitely better than many others. I like it thick so that it will not be crispy.
5. Chye Sin - 7/10 - This is a replacement of sambal sweet potato leaves as the latter runs out..
6. Chendol - 7/10 - The green chendol is soft and seems to be handmade rather than factory made. The gula melaka flavour is quite strong. However, it would be even bettter if the coconut milk is those freshly squeezed type (just like the penang famous chendol).
We are very satisfied with the food and will defintely come back here again to try their other dishes such as sambal sotong, curry chicken, etc..
Dulukala Peranakan Restaurant
144 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Beauty World Centre
Tel: 6465 2036
Mon-Fri: 6pm - 9.30pm
Sat/Sun: Lunch 12pm - 2.30pm, Dinner 6pm - 9.30pm
Last Order 9pm